Portus Home Rentals Division in Ventanas Residences
I. Ownership Management
Portus is dedicated to providing the most comprehensive ownership management solution available
to homeowners in Los Cabos. We understand the requirements of our clientele and are pleased to
offer the following service plan for the Homeowners in Los Cabos, Mexico:
Portus homeowners benefit from the continuous support, back-up and knowledge of our entire
Ownership Management and Service team.
Should a problem arise in your Los Cabos home—our staff will be available to offer support and
assistance. Portus commits to cross-training all staff in order to meet the expectations of our
Homeowners so that any assistance will be seamless to Homeowners/Rental Guests.
• The Portus accounting staff will provide all Homeowners with individualized statements at
the end of each month, reflecting their specific service requests.
• Additionally, our accounting staff will oversee the bookkeeping your home. Portus will
collect and pay all bills, including utilities, annual trust fees, property taxes, Homeowner’s
Association (HOA) dues, etc. Portus will provide comprehensive monthly statements for
each individual property and will work with your accountant to assure that all accounting is
• Portus works with a joint bank account, in which, we have access to one account you chose
to use only to administrate your property. That way, you can transfer funds to the joint
account whenever they are needed, in order to cover all the bills and utilities.
• Portus will request a monthly, upfront payment to cover all monthly fixed fees, including the
property management fees, estimated utilities, HOA dues, etc. This upfront payment
amount is to be determined upon review of the current property accounting. Final billing will
occur on the 30th of each month or before if needed.
Property Maintenance for your Los Cabos Vacation Home includes, but is not limited to:
• Twice a month Visual Walkthrough: A Portus Maintenance Supervisor will walk your home
twice a month to ensure that everything is in order, is secure and that the home is in good
condition. If required, our staff will request additional cleaning services or place a work
order to repair or replace anything that needs attention.
• Maintenance Inspection: A Portus Maintenance Supervisor will perform a quarterly in-depth
maintenance inspection on all major appliances, air-conditioners, water filters, pool
equipment, sewer system, etc.
• Maintenance Reports: Portus will provide the Homeowner with a report of all completed
work orders, open jobs, home inspections, etc., whenever the owners ask for one.
• Maintenance Supervision*: A Portus Maintenance Supervisor will be present if any thirdparty
company is required to do repairs, carpentry, plumbing, fumigation, etc.,
• Maintenance Services*: Any time a problem is found and something requires repair, often
an Portus Staff can fix it with no labor charge - the Homeowner will only pay for parts. In the
event the task is larger than what Portus can handle, we will coordinate all repairs or part
replacements with a third-party service provider. Any and all repairs, replacements, etc., will
be monitored by a Portus staff member and tracked with work orders. Our goal is to keep
your properties in top condition and safe at all times.
• Preventive Maintenance*: Portus will maintain a complete list of all your appliances, pumps,
AC units, etc., and will coordinate preventive maintenance service for the inventory with a
third-party service provider.
• Pool/Jacuzzi Pump Room Maintenance – Portus will contact you with a Pool supplier and
will supervise him frequently. In case some maintenance parts are needed, we will contact
you for buying authorization.
• Inventory Control: Portus will maintain a complete inventory and control of all cleaning
supplies, extra parts, batteries, light bulbs, faucet parts and general maintenance etc. being
stored at your home. This will be submitted to the Homeowner upon request.
*Supervision fees may apply.
• All repairs exceeding $300.00 USD will require the Homeowner’s prior approval, unless it is
deemed an “Emergency” repair, i.e., flooding, security or emergency issues, etc.
• All repairs, replacement parts and third-party installation costs will be billed separately in
your monthly statement.
• Business hours are 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday -Friday, Saturdays 9:00a.m. to 1:00p.m.
As Needed Housekeeping Service: Our staff will provide basic home cleaning services, including
vacuuming, sweeping, making beds, cleaning kitchen counters and stove top, dish washing,
sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning bathtubs, showers, commodes, organizing vanity, disposing
of trash in trash receptacles, etc. Housekeeping service is scheduled at the Homeowner’s
convenience between 8:00 am and 4:00 PM daily.
In-Depth Prior to arrival or Departure Cleaning Service: Your home will be thoroughly cleaned
before you arrive or upon departure in preparation for the next arrival.
*All housekeeping services are at an extra cost
Additional Ownership Management Services Available*
• TV & Satellite Service* – We can coordinate the installation of your satellite TV. Monthly
utility Payments are made with the rest of your bills.
• Internet Services* – We coordinate the installation of your phone line. Service paid on a
monthly basis and included with telephone bill. Portus staff members are all able to provide
basic technical support, however we are able to provide a third-party service when required.
• Painting & Carpentry* - Depending on the job performed or requested
• Furniture Moving Services* - When needed to move heavy objects, move furniture into
protected areas such as patio or terrace furniture, hang pictures, etc. (handyman jobs)
*Fees for these services will be billed separately.
Hurricane and Storm Preparedness
In the event of a hurricane, Portus will provide hurricane preparation assistance. This service
includes shielding appliances and furniture by moving them to a protected area(s), removing
carpets from floors, cleaning all drains prior to storm and ensuring that exterior items are stored to
prevent window breakage. We will also ensure that water storage tanks are full prior to the storm
and propane tanks are closed.
This service will also include returning all appliances, carpets, interior and exterior furniture to their
original location after the hurricane. Occasionally a hurricane may cause flood damage. In the event
that there is flood damage to the home or immediate storm repairs are needed, an Emergency Fee
may be applicable in order to clean, repair and prevent further damage.
*There is an additional fee for hurricane shutter installation as well as hurricane preparedness